IBD's 10 Secrets To Success
1. How you think is everything: Always be positive. Think success, not failure. Beware of a negative environment.
2. Decide upon your true dreams and goals: Write down your specific goals and develop a plan to reach them.
3. Take Action: Goals are nothing without action. Don't be afraid to get started now. Just do it.
4. Never Stop Learning: Go back to school or read books. Get training and acquire skills.
5. Be Persistent and Work Hard: Success is a marathon, not a spirit. Never give up.
6. Learn to Analyze Details: Get all the facts, all the input. Learn from your mistakes.
7. Focus Your Time and Money: Don't let other people or things distract you.
8. Don't Be Afraid to Innovate; Be Different: Following the herd is a sure way to mediocrity.
9. Deal and Communicate with People Effectively: No person is an island. Learn to understand and motive others.
10. Be Honest and Dependable; Take Responsibility: Otherwise, Numbers 1-9 won't matter.
Investor's Business Daily
- by Linda Stockman-Vines